"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home".Twyla Tharp


********************************************



Saturday, October 9

life puzzle: white page

I always keep the white silky paper wrapping things when you buy them, shoes, flowers...
In that case I wanted to tell a difficult part of my life...the day I woke up in a psychiatric hospital after 8 days artificial sleep...That white, the white walls, the white sheets, the nurses uniforms...was so suffocating...as I was in a deep fog, a damp and cold mist...
I needed sheets and sheets of white...the page was first covered with gesso...the white paper torn in long pieces and crumpled roughly...and fixed with staples...
in the center there is a tiny doll, wrapped in the tissue you use to make hems ...I used my heating gun and she got glued inside...
the text was printed in a transparency...

No comments: